The Hostel facility at Good Day Defence School is a real home away from home. The Hostel is run according to the guiding principles laid down by Rev. Master. These principles form the anchor that guides us all every day.
Some of these principles are:
- Children are cared for as though they are living in Master’s home, and as if they are Master’s children.
- No effort is spared to ensure that they are brought up with the highest spiritual principles.
- They are always treated with kindness and love but firmly in matters relating to behaviour and discipline.
- There is adequate time for work and play and entertainment.
- If and when they require, there is also additional teaching available within the Hostel.
- However, this in no way compromises their health. Rather, we believe that their health and overall endurance improves markedly as a result of their experience in our Hostel.
- The school has excellent infrastructure for sports and games.
- Children are permitted to contact their parents on a preset and regular schedule.
- Parents are permitted to meet their children on pre-announced days, and by request at certain times.
- Children are accommodated in Dorms according to their age and class.
- The boys’ hostel has four dorms and the girls’ hostel has two dorms.
We at Good Day Defence School (Based on the Pattern Of Sainik School & Gurukul Methodology) provide holistic education where children evolve as individuals who are self-motivated and creative individuals, who can think, question and reason out logically, individuals who are independent, confident and leaders capable of taking decisions.